We bought the boys their first pocket knife at Christmas time. Every boy needs a pocket knife right? They were just cheap little $5 pocket knives. And the boys loved them. Well we are two months down the road and Aaron decides his pocket knife doesn't have enough "stuff" on it. He saw one of his cousins awesome swiss army knife and realized what a sad little thing his knife was. So the last Friday He had to have a tooth pulled out that was refusing to make way for the tooth that had come in behind it. And because he did so good we got him a $20 swiss army victorinox. He was so excited and he uses it for everything (even cutting up his food at the table). The only problem is that it's considerably sharper than his last one and he's cut himself several times. :) Boys, are apparently sent to earth to give their Mothers gray hair and a heart attack. Actually, they've only been small cuts thankfully. This is one of those times I just have to close my eyes and tell him to go talk to his Daddy. Leave me out of it please. I don't want to make my boys into girls that's for sure.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good for you!I think I was eight when I got my first pocket knife- and I was a girl. I wanted that pearl handled Case from Mr. Hadaad's Hardware store for as long as I can remember. My forst knife was a bone handled case, and I still have it today!
I didn't get my first knife until I was a teen and it was a bone handled hunting knife. I still have yet to use it to gut an animal. :)
forst=first after you've juiced your finger...
Wow. I don't own one of those, I make hubby do that part, and I help with everything that comes after. Though... I am trying to find time to take the hunter safety course so I can hunt for myself, too. :-)
Good job, Mama! Yeah... about the gray hairs... I'm just going to embrace mine! I parted my hair differently after my shower today and found a whole new crop of 'em!
I hope he did not hurt himself too bad!
No Rachel, nothing serious, just enough to smarten him up.
Oh, and btw, it was Ben's doing getting the knives, I just turned my head the other way, so I didn't freak out and turn my boys into girls.
Licia, I have yet to find any gray hairs on my head, but I have found some white hairs in my eyebrows. :)
Post a Comment