BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week of June 16-22

Ants! Our unwanted guest. They are about to drive me batty!
This is the book I'm reading to Aaron this week for part of his homeschool. It's very cute I highly recommend it!

Beautiful flowers from our Formosa tree. They are soooooooo pretty!
I canned some very yummy strawberry and cherry jam this past week. They didn't set up very well but they are sooooo tasty!

I made Root Beer for the first time. It was a lot of fun and the children were amazed that mommy could actually make pop!
I saw the recipe here: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,14254.0.html

Here's the recipe:

2 c. white sugar
1 gallon lukewarm water
3 t. root beer extract
1 t. dry yeast

Mix well & pour into jars. Cover & set in the sun for 4 hours. Chill before serving the next day.
Pretty Lilly! You can actually see the pollen on the petals!


we picked our first batch of green and wax snap beans!


Good homemade bread that went really well with the Jam!

1 comments:

Martha said...

I was just out strolling through blogs and found yours.

I am using, My Fathers Dragon for home school as well.

Also I just posted a picture of the same flower last week. :)
You have a lovely family.