BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Chicken Curry Recipe

My friend Teresa asked for this recipe. So I told her I would post it on here.

This is a very tasty curry and I found it in a book called "recipes from the 10/40 window" so this is a authentic recipe and it originated in India.

Chicken Curry
6 pieces of Chicken
4 c. water
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. coconut milk
1 c. applesauce
1/2 c. tomato paste
8 tsp. curry powder
4 chicken bullion cubes
1/4 c. flour
cooked rice

Cook chicken in water with onion and garlic until done. Reserve broth. Remove chicken from bone and dice. To broth add the coconut milk, applesauce, tomato paste, curry powder, bouillon and flour. Cook until thickened and stir in chicken. Serve over rice with condiments of pineapple, banana, coconut, raisins, peanuts or green pepper.

This recipe is sufficient for a family of 5. If you are having company or have a larger family I suggest you double it. Also we use tasty jasmine rice to put the curry on top of. And this is slightly spicy but not HOT. It's not even really very mild.

You can find the coconut milk in the Asian section of wal-mart and the curry powder in the seasoning section as well.

0 comments: