We've been rather busy the past week or so. This is what we've been doing lately. The picture above is of Ben and the kids getting ready to shoot off a rocket that they had put together. They had a lot of fun, but unfortunately they never found the rocket again!
A dress I made Anna out of an old dress. She calls it her princess dress. I was pleased that it turned out as well as it did since I am having sewing machine problems.
Aaron in a hamock that he made out of a sheet and strung from the top bunk to the closet clothes bar.
All of the veggies that I got from the garden yesterday. I've been keeping rather busy with that. Canning, and preserving. But it feels so good to see our stock pile of food growing!
My sister Corrie and her foster baby Daniel at our family 4th of July celebration.
Ben and the Children playing with sparklers!
Caleb and his first pick of beans from HIS garden. He is ever so proud!
This picture and the one below are of Ben and the children making the launcher for the rocket they shot off. It's pretty cool. They even attached a little light bulb on it so they could tell that it was working!
So that is what we've been doing!
We are homeschooling through the summer, because we are so new at this we are a little behind. We are enjoying our rented Sonlight curriculum. We are also awaiting in the mail some Bob books to help Aaron learn to read and a hands on math program called (surprise!) Hands-on-math. We also got Calebs work books. It's so funny that the boys are so different than each other in there learning styles. Aaron HATES book work, and Caleb loves it!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
busy bees
Posted by Moore Family at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ok, now you'll have to tell us how you made that sweet little dress from another dress!
WR
all I did was take an old dress that I got some where and used the material and trimming off of it. I got the pattern from thekingsdaughters.com I love it, it's so simple and pretty!
my hubs wants to know how he made the launcher...he thought it looked cool...
He used an electrical box for the case. Instead of a launch button he used a light switch. For a power source he electrical taped 4 AA batteries together in series. The wiring is roughly the size of 12 gauge automotive wiring. He used a light to show that the battery is working. He used a LED bulb out of a flashlight.
This is straight from the mans mouth! Hopefully yours understands it better than I do! If he's REALLY interested in it we can take a more detailed picture of it for him. :)
You have such a beautiful family. Looks like you're always having fun AND learning! The perfect homeschool combination!
Post a Comment